Saturday, September 10, 2011

Paucity and snark

I just learned two words: paucity meaning smallness of quantity, scarcity, and snark meaning a mysterious imaginary animal! You may like the context in which I learned them even more. Well, most likely if you are a woman!

"So I'll keep it short and simple: It's not that women "overdo it" but that some men, like poorly cooked pork at a depressing state fair, are "underdone."

To our abundance, they bring paucity; to our enthusiasm, they bring flat-lined skepticism; to our light, they bring the fog of snark.

I'll take excess over scarcity every time. And I won't apologize for it, either."

from When Apologies Don't Work by Gina Barreca,

Reference:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/collections/201109/oops-dealing-mistakes/when-apologies-dont-work

No comments:

Post a Comment