Monday, July 25, 2011

Eggplant!

One cannot talk about kashk, or whey as we know now, without mentioning its companion baademjaan or eggplant. There is this delicious Iranian meal I like a lot, kashk-e-bademjaan, and also a delicious gourmet served with rice that is made with eggplants and peas. Anyways, this past weekend my dear friend made me this delicious meal. We were admiring all the good stuff one can make with eggplant, that the inevitable question came to mind: "Eggplant! What is it good for anyways?" My friend claimed probably nothing.

I did not like that idea, nor did I want to ruin my lovely eggplant experiences. So, my dear friends, here is the final verdict: it is good for you!

Eggplant is a good source of fiber, protein, potassium, vitamin B, magnesium, and phosphorus! If that is not good enough, it is low in calories too, and good to add to your diet for weight loss. Just be careful, as you know eggplants are famous for soaking in all the oil during cooking. So, if you just boil it or fry it on the pan without any oil, that is the best. Actually my friend had fried the eggplant without any oil and it did turn out very well.

Enjoy!

p.s. Have you noticed that during and around weekends, all posts are somehow food related? By the time we get to Friday, I will be all into the latest space and science news, no worries. Mondays are hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment